Tuesday, April 04, 2006

In Which an Old Dog Learns New Tricks*

~ When Harry Met Sally Interlude...
Is someone supposed to be a dog in this scenario?~



Hello, friends!
I have learned how to do some new things with my blog!
It's true, I am now capable of more than just typing and posting.
And I can prove it.
Example 1 of my new-found blogging talents:
Please look to your right, where you will witness...
A picture of my eye! A picture in the picture spot! Of...my eye!
It is watching you.
Beware the watchfull fury of my eye. Laugh in appropriate places, or the eye will tell on you. The eye, it sees all.

(edited to add: the eye is no longer there, obviously. it has been replaced by my whole face, much to your misfortune.)

Example 2 of my amazing bloggerness:
Please scroll down beneath the eye (faster, it's watching you), where you will find...
Links! Linkslinkslinkslinks! Links to the blogs of other people that read this blog!*
And, more importantly, links that actually link you to stuff--unlike other non-linking links that may or may not have appeared in this blog before. Go ahead, click on one, and witness the amazingness.
We're all linkofied up in here!
No, for real. Click on one. The eye is watching. The eye, it never sleeps.

And finally, example 3:
Please take a moment to scroll down below the previous posts and archive and you will find 2 amazingly wonderous things.
Thing 1: A ticker thinger that will count how many people visit this blog from this moment until the end of time as we know it. What does this mean to you? I'm so glad you asked. This means that you must now visit my blog very, VERY often, so that I can feel special and important. You do want me to feel special and important, don't you?
Thing 2--also known as my favorite thing:
A searcher thing!
A searcher thing which will search all of my old bloggings for any word or phrase you can think of! It is very, very fun! (for me...)
However, I do not recommend searching the words 'fuck' or 'shit.' Because pretty much every damn post I've ever written will come up. Oh, maybe don't search 'damn,' either. Unless you want a good laugh...

~edited to add: um, yeah. the original ticker thing disappeared when i switched to the new blogger, which kind of made me want to die a little, but eventually got over it. the new ticker-thing--you know, the one that only works 40% of the time--is located at the bottom of the page. similarly, my searcher thing disappeared, and the one i replaced it with has never worked. so, really it's just decoration. and now i'm kind-of depressed.~

Anyhow...
I'm feeling pretty tired now.
From all the New Trick-ness, and whatnot.

*if you read this blog and your link isn't there yet, it's only because I'm waiting to get your permission.

and p.s.
my mother has requested that I write about something 'real' once in a while.
i'm not sure what that means, but i think it means something that doesn't totally revolve around me. so, i know it will be hard for you, but i'm going to try to do that--say, once every other week.
prepare yourselves...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So proud of you for all your new bloggy things!

7:13 AM  
Blogger amandaladi said...

wow... once again it amazes me how much you and your sisters are actually alike...
i made a profile just to show you that ryan takes pictures of her eye too!
she is watching you....
as is I.....
as i am....
i have your shoes in my car man!!!! we gotta get together!!!!
HRC pins............yes now

10:23 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

GRRRRRR!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LINKED MY BLOG!!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!!!
acctually i was going to link to yours a long time ago and then I never did.

I think i'll seach for peed my pants. That should turn out some good entries.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

thanks for the comment Tiff.*

congrats on all the new skills! loved your airline posts. keep up the spectacular bogginess.

*In no way does this shortening mean I'm trying to imply that we are actually friends, cos I'm not, and and we're not; I'm just lazy. However I feel this explanation might have cancelled out my laziness in not typing your full name.**

**You've inspired me in the use of asterisks.

1:42 AM  
Blogger tiffany said...

amanda.
if you actually write on the blog you made so that i could see ryan's eye, i will give you hrc pins.
get going...

4:44 PM  
Blogger tiffany said...

and also tell ryan to visit my blog...no one has said 'goo' to me in quite some time.

4:45 PM  
Blogger amandaladi said...

oh... you mean i have to write something?....
crap.
i'm not nearly as articlulate or funny as YOU...
i didn't know you couldn't see the eye..
i haven't been here in your world in a while...
i have alot of catching up to do...

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home