Thursday, November 16, 2006

the least funny joke i've heard in a long time

so, tonight i was bartending and one of my favorite regulars, A.J., came in and sat down.
as i poured him his usual--a bud and a shot of jager--he said hey tiffany, did you hear about the new o.j. simpson book?'

i hadn't heard of any such thing, so i said 'no.'

he said, 'yeah, i guess it's coming out next week. it's called If Did It This is How it Happened.'

i laughed and went away to pour another drink or something.
a few minutes later, i was flipping through the newspaper and i saw an article about a new oj simpson book.
a new oj simpson book called If I Did it This is How it Happened.

silly me.
when A.J. told me about the book, I THOUGHT HE WAS KIDDING.
because, seriously.
what part of someone walking into a bar and telling you that o.j. simpson wrote a book called 'if i did it this is how it happened' doesn't sound like a joke?

i seriously CANNOT believe this book is being published and will soon be putting money in the pocket of this man.
i think i will probably have more to say about this later, but for now i'm just going to take a deep breath and shake my head in despair as i think about the really dark and despicable side of humanity that this man--who has written a 'hypothetical' book about how he murdered the mother of his children--is so proudly representing.

that sound you hear?
it's me sighing.
really loudly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wow - I really thought it was a joke too. That's scary. I can't believe that man got off Scot-free! UGH!!! Now, I have to take a deep breath, or 10!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Erica Kain said...

I know! I can't believe it either! But I comfort myself by thinking MAYBE this will bring attention to the fact he has never paid the victims' families like he was supposed to? Maybe they can get the profits??? Anyway....

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home