today i went to a 'dollar store' for the first time in my life.
i wouldn't say that i had been particularly avoiding dollar stores until now, it's just that--knowing how i like to frivolously piss my money into the wind as quickly as possible--i haven't ended up in one.
today, when i found myself so successful at pissing my money into the wind that it became necessary to roll the massive amounts of coins that are stashed in various places around my bedroom, so that they could be relocated to the bank, in order to be pissed away with the rest of my money.
the point is, i needed those paper thingers that you roll change in.
i went to meijer--no paper coin roller thing-things.
i went to target--none there either.
then i went to staple's, but on the way in i was overcome with curiosity and i went into the dollar store next door.
here is what i learned:
1. a lot of really ugly crap exists in the world, and most of it is at the dollar store.
2. aside from the really ugly crap, there also seems to be a lot of useful things at the dollar store. although, i really don't know who decided that they needed to make the same mouthwash in every color you could possibly imagine.
3. not everything at the dollar store costs one dollar. although i didn't see anything that cost more than two dollars.
4. people in various states of cleanliness are allowed to sleep on the floor at the dollar store.
5. the dollar store sells vitamin water for the lowest price i've ever seen. and that rules.
6. you can buy a pregnancy test at the dollar store.*
and, best of all...
7. the dollar store has those paper coin roller thing-things.
that was my adventure for the day.
what was yours?
*this just seemed sad.