Monday, January 08, 2007

tiffany's favorite songs

part one, in a three hundred million, forty seven thousand, six hundred and three part series.




so, i don't know about the video. but i wanted you to be able to hear the song--you know, if you wanted to.

i used to listen to this whole c.d. with this guy i used to date.
we met one summer--seems like decades ago, now. but, you know, i'm only 28. so i guess it wasn't really as long ago as it seems.

anyway, we met at the beginning of a summer, and at the end of it he moved to miami.
i used to go there whenever i could, to visit. i can't remember everything we did. i know we fought a lot, but i can't remember what we fought about.

what i do remember, is driving around in his car, at night, with the windows down, listening to this song.

i used to hang my arm out the window, lean my head back, close my eyes, and let myself get totally lost in this song. there were palm trees everywhere, and other big droopy trees with that crazy beautiful (even though it actually kills the trees)moss hanging down all over the place. you couldn't see the ocean most of the time, but you could smell it everywhere. it was like, if you got out of the car and took two steps in any direction, you would be wading in saltwater.

it's hard to explain now.

but there was this feeling--maybe it had something to do with being so young and in love, or being so far away from home. hell, maybe it was just the humidity.
but it felt like anything was possible, and i think that's a feeling worth remembering once in a while.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen!! said...

Ohh, I like Moby a lot. That's a lovely song, and great album.

Okay, guess what. I'm taking you and Mikala up on your offers to help with Wtb!? Which makes me really really happy that you both offered, because I'm not sure I would have accepted help from anyone else. And I just figured out how to give permissions. All I need to do is email it, and it gives you instructions on how to do it. Viola! Then, I have no idea what after that. Lol. YEAH.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Erica Kain said...

Wow, that is such a familiar feeling to me -- this song was also the "theme" of a relationship I had back in 2000. He lived in Los Angeles and we would listen to this song incessantly, driving around in the night. And it also feels like a million years ago. Gosh, I was getting all set to despise that guy forever, and now you made me feel kind of sentimental!

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home