Wednesday, February 14, 2007

two hundredy

so, here we are.
this is my 200th blog post.

it all started back in september of 2004, when i had to start a blog to post assignments for a class i was taking called writing, style, and technology.
i completed the assignments,* and promptly forgot that i had created a blog at all.
and justifiably so, i think. i mean, a huge shit-storm was basically shitting all over my life at the time.

anyway.
then i had a crazy dream in march of 2005, and i blogged about that.

and then i went away again.

in september of 2005, i really started blogging--sparingly at first, and then with more and more frequency. (not surprsingly, the frequency increased as readers increased.)

the first time someone i didn't know in 'real life' left me a comment, i nearly freaked out.
i had just written this post, about waiting on the very most bitchiest bitch-monster of all time. i'm not one of those bloggers who composes in word and then copy and pastes into blogger. because that requires thinking, and also planning. neither of which do i enjoy. see, my entries are all very haphazard. (but you probably knew that already). it's like, when something amusing or crazy or irritating happens, i'll make a mental note that i should blog about it later--but i never 'draft' or plan my posts or anything. i just sit down, tell the story, and hit post.
this is often times problematic, because i hit post and re-read what i wrote and there are often VERY VERY VERY MANY MISTAKES. i just don't catch them until i see the post from a different angle, so to speak.
the point is, the first time someone i didn't know left me a comment, it was pete, and he read the post at the same time that i was re-reading it for mistakes, and therefore his first impression of me was surely that i could not spell or type worth shit.
i was very embarrassed, as you can see in the comments section of that post.
but, not so embarrassed, because i still blog the exact same way.
and pete is still around, so i guess it all worked out.

anyway, for your time-wasting enjoyment, i now present a list of blogging milestones i have passed on my way to this, my two hundredy-eth post:

thing one: where, after months and months of regular blogging, i finally learn how to make links and play with my template.

thing two: where i talk about something other than stupid little stories of my everyday life for the first time

thing three: my one humdredy-eth post, which i had no idea was my one hundredy-eth post when i wrote it. in fact, when i realized that i was at post #200, i thought it would be fun to link to #100, because i thought for sure it would be a story of something ridiculous i did at the bar, or a story of a bar guest who pissed me off,** or a post about nose spray or something. instead, it was my 9/11 post. so i guess that's kind of cool.

cripes, i'm really bored with this list.

so, i'll just say thanks to everyone who reads--especially those of you who comment!
i love the internet, and the internet = you guys.
i love writing my blog, and i love reading your blogs.
seriously. at the risk of totally geeking out here, i really feel like this whole blogging business enriches my life in a really important way.

i was sort of hoping that, as a two hundredy-eth post present, you might tell me what your favorite post is in the comments section. my blog has been sort of different lately--less ridiculous stories of everyday life, and more, i don't know, quasi-political stuff. so i'm interested to see what kind of posts you guys like best.
and if you need more persuasion, let me point out that only one of you left a valentine in my valentine mailbox.
so you totally owe me.
(whim, you are exempt, because you sent me a separate valentine)

*one of the other assignments was to build a web-page from scratch. you know, like actual html in a blank word-pad thing. it sucked so bad, i think i've blocked most of it out. as you have witnessed here, i can still make links. but that's about it.
anyway, if you are desperately in need of a good laugh, my extremely sad and pathetic little webpage can be seen here. although, i have to admit that there's still a tiny part of me that's proud that it consists of multiple working pages. of course, i have absolutely no clue how i managed to do that.

**it was a close call, though. this was the 99th post.

12 Comments:

Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I know what you mean, reading others blogs has really introduced me to people and places I'd never thought I'd go/meet.

I like all of your posts but I think Better Than a Two Year Old mad me laugh the most. Probably becuase I am such a horror movie buff. I also like your casual writing style. It fits you (and your wit) to a t.

Oh yeah... Congratulations! As long as you keep writing I'll be here to read.

4:29 PM  
Blogger PWT said...

I just love your blog, period. I cant pick a fave post. Oh yeah, and happy valentines day and all that shiz from drippy Seattle. I so better get laid tonight.

Smooches!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

i can't tell you which exact post is my favourite, as that would involve going through all of your posts, which would no doubt be fun but as I've had no sleep and two aeroplane trips in the last thirty hours, i'll just say this:

i like the funny ones the best. especially the letters to idiotic people. ooh there was a man at the mall one time right? and the airplanes. and people...in the restaurant? told you i was tired.

whatever, keep up the great writing. you should write whatever makes sense to you. (even tho i'm pretty sure i just made no sense, at all, to anybody.)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Happy anniversary.

I enjoyed getting caught up on your older posts, as I've only been visiting your blog for a couple months. But I didn't read all 200. Sorry, babe. ;)

11:18 AM  
Blogger CS said...

Congratulations! I just did my 200th relatively recently, too. Not sure I have a favorite, but I sure enjoyed the State of the Union one a lot.

2:50 PM  
Blogger D.B. Echo said...

Congratulations!

Favorite post? I dunno. Maybe it was about De-Lurking week - that was the first one I read of yours, after I came over by way of Ashley's SiteMeter. But I like them all!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Jinx said...

Happy anniversary.
At this point, I have no idea how I originally made my way here, but I just remember being shocked that we had taken the same class.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Congratulations! I haven't been reading that long and I can't think of one post in particular but I always love post about customers. I used to bartend and waitress and I still work in customer service. The crazy customer stories are always the best.

12:16 AM  
Blogger trashycamaro said...

That was a good retrospective. Congratulations and do not stop.

9:47 AM  
Blogger LAC said...

Congrats!!! 200 posts. That's very impressive. Keep 'em coming.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

200 huh?

Wow...congratulations!

Steve~

3:45 PM  
Blogger Jen!! said...

yay! congrats on 200!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home