i now come to you for advice.
i am going to buy a new computer.
it's not a grave necessity quite yet--but it could become one at any moment, so i figure i should go ahead and get a new one now, while i'm not the poorest person on the face of the earth.
i now have a dell pc, but i'm seriously considering buying a mac.
1. i can get a mac mini with a cinema display monitor (love it!) for $1400. Or, I can get an imac with a widescreen monitor (in which the entire computer is in the monitor, which is still basically flatscreen) for about $1200.
2. i very much want a widescreen type monitor. you may not be aware of this, but i spend ALOT of time in front of my computer, and i feel this time would be far more enjoyable in front of a widescreen-flatscreen type monitor. why? because it is cute and expensive, of course. also, i hear it is easier on the eyes. and is also cute and expensive.
3. my stupid boyfriend has the bestest mac possible, and if i have the mac, too--it will mean that he can edit his movies at my house, and that i might get to see him once in a while. although, i really don't want to be the type of girl who buys a strange computer system because it's what her boyfriend wants.
4. alot of people that i really respect swear by macs.
here's why not:
1. macs are scary to me.
2. red, green, and yellow buttons seem way more confusing then the minimize and maximize buttons that exist in the pc world.
oh...umm, that's all.
does anyone have any advice?
if i get another pc, does anyone have an idea of which one i should get?