so, it's that time again.
you know, 'delurking week.'
what is a lurker, you ask?
well, i'll give you a hint. if you come to this blog--or any other blog--on any kind of a somewhat regular basis and read to your little heart's content and then go away without saying anything? then you, my friend, are a lurker.
it's your week!
i celebrated de-lurking week last year.
and, when i say 'celebrate,' what i mean is, i stomped my feet and insisted that anyone who was reading my blog without commenting leave me a comment.
two whole people who had never commented before decided to leave a comment that day.
so, i don't want to be too ambitious or hopeful, but i'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, more than two of you will celebrate with me this year. mainly because my sitemeter thing tells me that there are a lot more people reading my blog now than there were a year ago. oh, and speaking of my sitemeter--you know what else it does?
it tells me where you people are reading from.
how fun is that?
it's so fun, i think i'll use it to call you out.
so now, in the joyful spirit of de-lurkification, i present a list of towns/cities where mysterious people who i don't know are reading my blog. (this list is not complete--it only represents places where i'm sure i don't know anyone, and i can't figure out who these people are).
places where people read my blog in hiding:
1. danville, california. hello out there! how are you! do you know how to type? prove it!
2. lansing, michigan. happy wednesday, lansing! how's it going over there?
3. mountain view, california. what's up, yo?
4. schenectady, new york. hi! the name of your town is fun to say! it is not as fun to type.
5. moraga, california. i have never heard of this place, but hello! how's it hanging?
6. waterville, ohio. hello, mr./mrs./miss/ms. ohio! i like ohio, because usually if i'm there it means i'm on my way to key west. and that is ALWAYS a good thing.
7. livonia, michigan. this one is a bit of a misnomer, because i'm sure i do know a lot of people in livonia. i just don't know which person this is. because they don't comment. so, hello person! talk to me!
8. yonkers, new york. hello, yonkers! this is kind-of a fun name, too. what's up with new york and all the good city names? perhaps you could tell me in some kind of a comment! what a novel idea! p.s. now i keep thinking about that movie, lost in yonkers, which i've never seen. have you seen it? was it good?
9. los angeles, california. now, this COULD be my best friend from forever, jobi, who i've talked about before. but, i'd like to think that, if it were her, she WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING ALREADY. but, then again, it could also be my cousin, rumplebutt. i just can't be sure, BECAUSE OF THE WHOLE NOT COMMENTING THING. i'm just saying.
10. kissimmee, florida. hello, kissimmee! does disney world cease to be fun if you live right next to it? because i REALLY like disney world. i don't know, there's just something about that castle that makes me really happy. and it's WAY better than the piss-poor castle they have at disneyland. so, yeah. kissimmee pretty much rules, in my book. but, whatever.
11. fairbanks, alaska. hello, alaska person! you're new here, right? welcome!
12. upper marlboro, maryland. hi, have you seen my friend david? apparently he's recovering in a maryland hospital somewhere--after getting hit by a truck in china, which totally sucks goat balls, if you don't mind my saying so, but his mom stopped calling to give us updates and we don't know how to find him. so, if you've seen him, please let me know.
13. walnut creek, california. you're new too, huh? well, welcome to the random insanity. i hope you're having a good day.
so anyway, you should all go ahead and consider yourself served. and you'd better dance back.
seriously, people. de-lurkofy already.
even if you hate me with every atom of your being, and only ever visit my blog because it makes you happy to remind yourself that there is someone in the world dumber/meaner/uglier/whatever-er than you, you could still just say 'hi' this one time.
please please please please please?
and also, please?
a big thanks to miss zoot, who not only reminded me that it was 'de-lurking week,' but also provided me with an actual history of the event. she rocks, and you should go leave a comment on her site, too, because she's donating a dollar to hurricane katrina recovery for every comment she gets this week. see? that's rocking.
just for the record, even if you're a reader who actually does leave comments sometimes, you're still encouraged to comment on this post, even though it's not directed at you.
because comments make me happy.
and happiness is a good thing, no?