well, apparently i graduated from high school 10 years ago today.
ok, fine--it was yesterday, technically. but, i really was meaning to write this earlier.
in order to commemorate this special--read, horrifying with the sneaking up on one and all--occasion, i now present you with this random question thinger that's been going around the evil myspace empire, followed by some rather silly looking pictures* of me, starring as myself, as a senior in high school.
i will not be going to my ten year reunion--even though it will take place exactly four and a half miles from where i live--so, i thought it might be nice to do a little something.
here we go.
part I--the thing that's going around myspace:
Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be.
1. Who was your best friend? jobi, alaina, and andy.
2. What sports did you play? soccer.
3. What kind of car did you drive? a 1985 chevy nova. it was that sky blue color that only chevy novas could be. i think before i graduated i moved it on up to a 1989 ford thunderbird. it was black. and it was the shit.
4. It's Friday night, where were you at? at the beginning of the year? twirling a lame-ass flag with the marching band. i say 'lame-ass' because i wasn't very good at it. at all. later in the year? i was probably drinking pina colodas with ellis. and doing other things that shall not be mentioned.
5. Were you a party animal? in disguise. but, not a very good disguise.
6. Were you a considered a flirt? probably? i suppose i should have payed more attention to what other people thought of me. but i guess i would have been a lot more unhappy then.
7. Ever skip school? as it it were my job.
9. Were you a nerd? i was a nerd hybrid. i think people thought i was really smart, but really i was retarded. although, it was really helpful that people thought i was 'smart', or a 'nerd', or a 'good girl', because it helped me get away with a lot of stuff. at school, anyway. not so much at home. my mom was like some kind of all-knowing god-figure--there was absolutely no pulling one over on her. and, people? i tried really hard. that woman was always too good for me.
10. did you ever get suspended/expelled? expelled? no. suspended? yes. i finally got caught skipping school, and i had to stay a few days after all the other seniors were done. looking back, it should have been humiliating. at the time? i didn't care at all.
11. Can you sing the Alma mater? about the first 4 measures.
12. Who was your favorite teacher? ms. kish and ms. bates. i also enjoyed mr. moran, but i didn't have him my senior year.
13. Favorite class? there was no such thing as a favorite class my senior year. although, i suppose i did mostly enjoy playing piano in the jazz band.
14. What was your school's full name?: Lincoln Consolidated High School
15. School mascot? we were called the railsplitters. i think we might have had a big abe lincoln head, or something.
16. Did you go to Prom? yup. and i looked hot, too. with my dyed shoes and everything.
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? only if i could go knowing what i know now.
18. What do you remember most about graduation? i was skinny.
19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year? well, i definitely have one, but i'm not sure if it's appropriate to write about here.
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? what the fuck is a senior wall?
21. Did you have a job your senior year? i was a waitress at bill knapp's. i was the richest person i knew. i would go to work after school, and by 9:30 at night i would have $60. i was all woo-hoo, i have $60! and then i would spend it as fast as i could.
22. Who did you date? ellis fortune. it was exhausting.
23. Where did you go most often for lunch? mostly, i didn't eat. high school made me want to puke.
24. Have you gained weight since then? lost, then gained, then lost, then gained. i like to change it up.
25. What did you do after graduation? went to eastern. then didn't. then went to WCC. then didn't. then went back to eastern. then finally graduated last december. meanwhile, that entire time, i've bartended. i have my priorities, you see.
26. When did you graduate? June 14, 1996
*part II will be coming shortly, i hope. just as soon as blogger stops being an asshole who doesn't care about my needs.