Monday, January 15, 2007

always look on the bright side of life...

today was one of the worst days i've had in a really long time.
remember last week, when the full out fight broke out on my blog (and in the comments section)?
that was nothing, compared to this.

i raised my voice today, louder than it has been raised IN YEARS...
and that was only in response to the yelling that someone else was doing to me.

which was completely uncalled for, i might add.

the worst part is, this wasn't some asshole at the bar, but someone whose love and respect i am used to having unconditionally.
so, yeah.
today sucked.

but, i don't feel that i can do justice to the sadness in writing--at least at the moment--so instead i'm going to talk about the thing that's making me happy right now.


i am happy to announce that i have ordered my new computer.
and!
there was a deal going on!
and i got a better computer than i thought i could afford, for less money than the original computer was going to cost!

try not to pee yourselves with excitement.

anyway, as you may remember me mentioning, i'm planning on improving my blog quite a bit once my computer arrives. (probably on tuesday!!!!!)

i already asked for advice about which blog-hosting-type-place i should use. the only answer i got was a place called wordpress, which i was already thinking of using. the other two places i was considering are typepad and vox. so if anyone has any ideas about why one might be better than the other, i would love to hear about it.
oh, and yes, i know that you have to be 'invited' to vox, or whatever. which is lame, for sure, but i have been invited. so we're all good on that front.

but i still need your help.

i'm thinking i want to change the name of my blog.
see, when i started this grand adventure, i thought that i would write posts about things that pissed me off or bothered me in some way, or whatever, and then i would end each one with a line like 'if i were queen of the world, this would have happened like...' or some other such schticky nonsense. you know, kind of like roseanne roseannadanna and her 'it's always something' tagline on old school SNL, which i just tried to find an example of on youtube, to no avail.*

but anyway, i never ended up doing that.

and i think that my blog might need a new name, when it gets a new home and a new face.

i've been thinking and thinking AND THINKING about this, i'm embarrassed to admit, for months.
the only new name i can come up with is 'the adventures of super tiff.'

b.j. and b.g. both like it, probably because they remember when people actually used to call me 'supertiff.'

john, however, thinks it is the dumbest name OF ALL TIME.

so, can anyone come up with an idea?
can i offer you a prize of some sort, if you come up with the best idea?

how about this...
if someone comes up with a VERY good idea--one that really fits me, you know?--i promise i will read your ENTIRE** blog, right from the first post you ever wrote, and use everyting i learn about you to buy you a present. and i'll even send it to you.

and, people?
i am a really good present buyer.
seriously.
so, if i were you, i would get motivated.

*however, if you have no idea who 'roseanne roseannadanna is? i highly suggest you look into it.
**although, i've already read the ENTIRE blog of most of the people who comment here. but, still--that doesn't mean that you won't get a good present.

11 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I use Wordpress myself but not their hosting as I have my own server.

I think you should call it Tiff's Rants and Tants or Tiff's Tants and Rants.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still kinda like the name as it stands. Even if it was suppossed to be just a (unused) gimmick, there's this sense that when reading about stupid people in your life I get the idea that if you *were* Queen they would be beheaded. Which is weird, but funny.

1:59 PM  
Blogger tiffany said...

beheaded?

wow.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW ABOUT "TEETEE (sp?) IN GOTHAM CITY"!?!?!@?!?!?!1/1/1/1//1/1/1/1


ok no.

3:41 PM  
Blogger tiffany said...

you're a very silly girl.
but, so am i.
so maybe that explains why i actually kind of like that title.

p.s.
you know, i actually have no idea how 'teetee' is spelled. we'll have to ask b.j., since she started it.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

well, i like the title as it stands. it's what caught my attention.

you could go with something about i almost peed my pants, or so funny i peed my pants. something like that. though you might get some undesireables searching for something with a higher rating.

4:51 PM  
Blogger D.B. Echo said...

Well, this is only my third visit, but I have to say I like "If I Were Queen of the World" - both as a title and a blog. (So much that I gave you a little writeup on an updated version of my post yesterday!) I always hear you (or a generic female voice) singing the title in the manner of the Cowardly Lion's "If I Were King of the Jungle" while wearing an aluminum-foil crown and holding a fairy wand as a scepter.

But why switch? The updated Blogger seems pretty good so far. I know ther's a lot of blogsnobbery out there that holds that Blogspot blogs represent a sort of blogging ghetto, but people who feel that way can lick my blog.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY GOTHAM CITY

9:29 PM  
Blogger tiffany said...

p.s.
hey echo,
i do have a crown and a fairy wand. how do you think i got this job?
ha.

oh, and about the sitemeter.
i know.
i just don't know what to do about it.

i'm not as computer savvy as i seem.

11:16 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I like the title of your blog. I wouldn't change it.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE TITLE IS PERFECTION.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home